E's Blog about all things Panerai

E's notes on a scorecard about Panerai watches, Straps for Panerai, Life and then some.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Panerai Enthusiasts.....the New Breed!

It is good to see so many new "faces" enjoying the Wonderful World of Panerai watches.

I remember back when I received my first Panerai and was looking forward to all the straps and accessories: Panerai Watch Box, Ships, Maile Subs, Watch Straps, Buckles. Each day was a new adventure as to what I would learn and the people I would meet.

It took a short while to learn the history of the brand and wondered why it took so long to catch on to this Panerai Watch Lifestyle. There were so many "Pioneers" that got in early and wore Pre-Vendome Panerai and even some that bought the A/B series after Richmont took over the brand.

One of my biggest fears is that with all the Contemporary models that have hit over the past couple of years the "New Faces" will not invest the time to learn about what brought all the Panerai Enthusiasts up to this point in time deep in History dating back to 1860.

One thing I have seen is the thirst for straps as people see how much fun it can be to change the look of a watch or the look of an outfit just by changing the strap on their Panerai. Very few watches lend themselves to the ease of changing straps as well as the assortment of leathers available to Dress Up or Dress Down each individual's Panerai.

I guess every hobby has its "Passages" (sorry for that Gail Sheehy) and I see us going through one right now as the cycle continues for one group and just begins for another.

Regards

Elliot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.


free counters